• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Korg FISA SUPREMA

A Ferrari is a Car........ but do you buy it to go to the grocery store? I sure hope not haha.
The more appropriate analogy would be you have a Ferrari, why do you want to haul 20 bales of hay in it?

The number of Ferraris, Lambos and 911 GT3's in the Trader Joe's parking lot in Newport Beach outnumber Hondas.

The answer is exactly in your link:

Cavagnolo Digit Air Millenium LB9 + All options

Item No. : 170709

Buttons B. :96

Boullard Price:

12'600.–

Catalog price:

14'750.–
Excalibur is a digital accordion, brand new $3950 at Jim Laabs music, wisconsin. I don't know about these but the price is good.

Excalibur is a digital accordion, brand new $3950 at Jim Laabs music, wisconsin. I don't know about these but the price is good.
I took a look at it on the Jim Laabs website. I think the picture shows what many of us would recognize as a MusicTech midi setup. The headlines would make you think that it's an acoustic accordion with midi, but from what I could glean from their description it's a reed-less accordion with sounds from a company I don't recognize in two divisions -- accordion sounds and General MIDI sounds. If anyone else has more information, please feel free to chime in.

The same reason musicians drop $5K on the top of the line workstation from Korg, Nord, Roland and Yamaha and then post 100's of threads about which one has the best piano sound and the most piano-like feel to the keybed. Obviously these workstations can sound like anything in the world, with sampling, analog modeling and gigs of meticulously crafted sounds. But it always seems to come down to the piano sound (along with organ sounds being a close second).

Why? Because most of the professional musicians are pianists at first. They venture out into the world of synthesis and utilize many aspects of these workstations but in the end they'd like to sit down and have it feel like a real piano with the most realistic piano sounds. Some just purchase a stage piano (Nord Stage seems to be the leader here).

The beauty of a digital accordion, to me, is that you can get very close to the sounds of many different accordions, the bellows work like an acoustic accordion, the bass can really deliver with a nice acoustic string bass, and you can listen with headphones. The weight is a huge difference as well.

Luigi did a marvelous version of Raiders of the Lost Ark. I mean it sounds great. But realistically? I'm not going to sit down and practice Raiders of the Lost Ark. I'm not going to put on a saxophone sound to practice jazz runs so I sound like Coltrane on the accordion.

Maybe I'm in the minority -and that's fine - but to me it's ALL about the accordion sounds since it's, well, an accordion.
Thomas N.
I totally agree, the digital accordion for me, is to offer umpteen quality accordions sounds from all over the world.
It has now turned into a monster with all the bells and whistles of the keyboard world.It's moving away from being a digital ACCORDION.
Cory is now a businessman promoting this new gadget for the moneymen

In the same logic, you seem to be a competitor, trying to undermine Korg's business...

Thomas N.
I totally agree, the digital accordion for me, is to offer umpteen quality accordions sounds from all over the world.
I've boldfaced the important phrase.
It has now turned into a monster with all the bells and whistles of the keyboard world.It's moving away from being a digital ACCORDION.
The problem here is that "all the bells and whistles of the keyboard world" are arrangers that are typically packed with a generic keyboard as a controller. If you are mainly into piano sounds (say), you'll still wire up a separate Fatar or Yamaha weighted piano keyboard controller for a solid piano feel. And MIDI caters very well to capturing piano keyboard play.

It doesn't so much for accordion, so thinking independently about tone generation and control signals isn't as feasible. Hence digital accordions catering for both as a basic package. Now with anything getting higher integration, adding an arranger seems like a reasonable idea.

The main problem with it is that arrangers come in flavors and families as well, so you are specializing the instrument a lot by adding a particular one. It's also not a mere question of software: arrangers need lots of controls. An accordion does not offer all that much space even if you rededicate the whole grille. Also the number of arranger controls and their use frequency make it a good idea to have them in easy view, and an accordion's playing position does not make viewing anything a good option.

So a wearable accordion arranger means committing to something that is considerably less generic than good marketability would seem to make prudent: it will predetermine more than good for general appear. Which gets us back to the boldfaced "for me": going into the arranger fold means that the result will not be malleable for as many people's purposes as a digital accordion just offering controls, sound and MIDI generation does.

When it fits (or you can get into what it offers), it will be a more compact solution.
Musical instruments are not really a prime focus of "the moneymen". Real amounts of money are made with stuff that everybody can put up in their livingroom without having to practice. If you want to make money, you don't target music producers but music consumers. Much larger market.

I don't see the point in trash-talking people who showcase the options available to us. The way to make choices is by being informed. Using echo chambers for locking out what you don't want to even hear about has become far too popular.

I've boldfaced the important phrase.

The problem here is that "all the bells and whistles of the keyboard world" are arrangers that are typically packed with a generic keyboard as a controller. If you are mainly into piano sounds (say), you'll still wire up a separate Fatar or Yamaha weighted piano keyboard controller for a solid piano feel. And MIDI caters very well to capturing piano keyboard play.

It doesn't so much for accordion, so thinking independently about tone generation and control signals isn't as feasible. Hence digital accordions catering for both as a basic package. Now with anything getting higher integration, adding an arranger seems like a reasonable idea.

The main problem with it is that arrangers come in flavors and families as well, so you are specializing the instrument a lot by adding a particular one. It's also not a mere question of software: arrangers need lots of controls. An accordion does not offer all that much space even if you rededicate the whole grille. Also the number of arranger controls and their use frequency make it a good idea to have them in easy view, and an accordion's playing position does not make viewing anything a good option.

So a wearable accordion arranger means committing to something that is considerably less generic than good marketability would seem to make prudent: it will predetermine more than good for general appear. Which gets us back to the boldfaced "for me": going into the arranger fold means that the result will not be malleable for as many people's purposes as a digital accordion just offering controls, sound and MIDI generation does.

When it fits (or you can get into what it offers), it will be a more compact solution.

Musical instruments are not really a prime focus of "the moneymen". Real amounts of money are made with stuff that everybody can put up in their livingroom without having to practice. If you want to make money, you don't target music producers but music consumers. Much larger market.

I don't see the point in trash-talking people who showcase the options available to us. The way to make choices is by being informed. Using echo chambers for locking out what you don't want to even hear about has become far too popular.
Just MY opinion

😀🚨🚨🚨🚨🌧️ ALERT - Just Improvised this. Made up a Classical Tune in the style of a Classical Organist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GmfODV3sYU
The playing is fantastic, but the dynamics are way way way too fast and great for an organ. You can still somewhat hear how the Korg does implement the slow start of the sound of organ pipes. The bellows pull renders it way exaggerated...
The pure organ sound is great! Now if you play it like what you can expect from the pedal on a huge organ the whole performance will sound much more realistic.

I met Cory at the Las Vegas International Accordion convention in 2019 and had the opportunity to sit at the same table for dinner with him. We had a very good conversation. Cory is a "straight shooter", "straight talking" person. I respect him and any statements he puts on this forum, you can be sure are trustworthy.

P.S. I am in no way connected with Korg or Cory, so I don't have any "axe to grind"

I met Cory at the Las Vegas International Accordion convention in 2019 and had the opportunity to sit at the same table for dinner with him. We had a very good conversation. Cory is a "straight shooter", "straight talking" person. I respect him and any statements he puts on this forum, you can be sure are trustworthy.

P.S. I am in no way connected with Korg or Cory, so I don't have any "axe to grind"
Cool! Sounds like a typical Swamp Yankee (person from Rhode Island)! 🤣

Just copy-paste the visible URL. Cory put the URL in the form where the title should have gone and vice versa.
Yeah, thanks Paul! My iPhone tries to be too smart. Had to copy the whole message and split out the url part.

😀🚨🚨🚨🚨🌧️ ALERT - Just Improvised this. Made up a Classical Tune in the style of a Classical Organist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GmfODV3sYU
nice!
how is the keyboard of this new KORG? how does it feel compared to the Roland's?
I can play just fine on it, but one of the issues that makes the Roland always a little off-putting to me is the plastic feel and travel of the (piano) keys. The bass buttons of the Roland somehow feel perfectly fine to me, in comparison to a similar acoustic box. It's just the piano keys that are a little 'meh'.

I know I should try one in person, but maybe you can comment on this.

Yeah, thanks Paul! My iPhone tries to be too smart. Had to copy the whole message and split out the url part.
hi tom , any chance you could send me the correct link please ........I'm having one of my thick as two planks moments !! ha ha ha

Back