• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Korg FISA SUPREMA

hi tom , any chance you could send me the correct link please ........I'm having one of my thick as two planks moments !! ha ha ha
Ciao Gio,

Try this one……

Ciao Gio,

Try this one……

Hi Tom , Thank you so much for sending me the link ..................WOW Awesome ................ most appreciated
We should also thank Cory for sharing the link with us all .

Reactions: Tom
That last question is also mine. The full manual should be out this week and it will answer questions like that. What it won’t provide is the playing experience.

I checked the online owner's manual today and it says the default layout for the Free Bass is Fifth (Quint), but you can choose from a total of five free bass modes - Minor 3rd, Bajan, Fifth, Nord Europe, Finnish.

Since a portion of you Hate everything no matter what I say, Here's a New one to Hate:

That’s what happens when you get so talented, both the lovers and the haters find you. Nobody hates me. 🤣. Hope you can ignore them and have big fun. I think it sounds great, carry on!

I checked the online owner's manual today and it says the default layout for the Free Bass is Fifth (Quint), but you can choose from a total of five free bass modes - Minor 3rd, Bajan, Fifth, Nord Europe, Finnish.
I have the manual now. BTW, It's really well-written and laid out -- better, IMHO, than the Roland manuals and covers all models; current and planned. AND, it came out by the end of this week, as promised.

I have the manual now. BTW, It's really well-written and laid out -- better, IMHO, than the Roland manuals and covers all models; current and planned. AND, it came out by the end of this week, as promised.
That is great! I downloaded the manual. The Compact model (button accordion) has the right dimensions. (The big one that is shown in all demos is really too large for a button accordion.) It becomes tempting!

I suppose everyone has their own idea of compact, but I don't see much difference. According to the manual, the "C" button version is only about 6% smaller in size and 7% less in weight. It has a less powerful amplifier, and they've removed the aftertouch and the master control bar features. No complaints about keeping most of the features, but why bother producing a compact model that is only slightly more compact? I was hoping for something smaller.

1726890344952.png

Last edited:
I suppose everyone has their own idea of compact, but I don't see much difference. According to the manual, the "C" button version is only about 6% smaller in size and 7% less in weight. It has a less powerful amplifier, and they've removed the aftertouch and the master control bar features. No complaints about keeping most of the features, but why bother producing a compact model that is only slightly more compact? I was hoping for something smaller.

1726890344952.png
What is most important in the compact is the "width", which is actually what most accordion companies call "length", it is the length of the keyboard side. 469mm is about the standard length for a full size bayan. When you are playing this dimension is the height from where the accordion sits on your legs to the top, which in order to be comfortable should be well below your chin (especially on accordions with chin switches). When you see piano accordion players who are not very tall play a piano accordion with extended (45 or 47 key) keyboard you immediately get what I mean. Button accordions tend to be more compact on the keyboard side and the 500mm of the non-compact Suprema is really abnormal for a button accordion. 469mm (47cm) is normal. So yes, these 3cm make all the difference.

Last edited:
Button accordions tend to be more compact on the keyboard side and the 500mm of the non-compact Suprema is really abnormal for a button accordion. 469mm (47cm) is normal. So yes, these 3cm make all the difference.
I understand, but this sounds to me like the larger one is a design failure, being 3cm too wide. So they corrected this with the slightly smaller "compact" version. These are both 120 bass size, not what most people would consider compact, which would be a 96 or 72 bass.

I understand, but this sounds to me like the larger one is a design failure, being 3cm too wide. So they corrected this with the slightly smaller "compact" version. These are both 120 bass size, not what most people would consider compact, which would be a 96 or 72 bass.
It's more or less the same as what Roland did. The FR8x had the same keyboard length on the CBA and the Fr4x (also 120 bass) the same keyboard length as the Korg "compact". History repeats itself.

Let’s put all the kidding aside for the moment. I just found out the following about the Korg:

1. The full manual will be out by the end of next week.

2. A smaller version will be coming early next year.

...both a manual for the clavier manual as well as a manual for the button manual, to labour a point - manual labour, that is.

Last edited:
Very, very impressive indeed, from a strictly amateur viewpoint, - but it still sounds like an electronic instrument, of course.
Even listening via utoob's compressions, iMac computor and high end studio speakers which all distort the original, it seems to still lack the complexity of direct acoustic sound as heard via the same sound muddying equipment.
I seem to have developed a 'thing' about this in much the same way as I prefer young red wines for their freshness and untamed animals for their simple honesty.
Getting more simple myself with advanced age as well ;)

At last, the manual for all:

Owner's Manual (En)
Thank you for adding the Link for the the Korg Manual ....I can view the manual ok on my computer .
My question is How do i download and store the manual on my computer ?
Or is there some sort of restriction on the link .
PS......I'm no computer expert and have been known to have senior moments !! ha ha ha

Back