• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Korg FISA SUPREMA

I caught the video on FB and commented that it’s a little unfair to compare older technology with newer, but I’d still like to see the comparison.

Do you guys on the forum agree or disagree?
I kinda disagree. :)
How do we know if the new one is better or worse without a direct comparison?

After having been at the factory and SEEING/PLAYING the new Gola... (please sit down for this next part), I better enjoy the sound from my Hohner Morino VI N. The 1979 Gola I have blows it out of the water.
I have some violin here with a "Stradivarius" label inside that is likely from the end of the 19th century, and those from the end of the 17th century clearly are better.

After having been at the factory and SEEING/PLAYING the new Gola... (please sit down for this next part), I better enjoy the sound from my Hohner Morino VI N. The 1979 Gola I have blows it out of the water.
I can totally believe that. I have done some minor work on a Gola from around the year 2000 and earlier I worked on a 1960's Gola 459. I'd "kill" for the 1960's one but the "modern" Gola simply is nothing very special.

I kinda disagree. :)
How do we know if the new one is better or worse …

Better or worse? The two are clearly different animals. The Korg was developed much later than the 8x. It seems to be more flexible, but with greater flexibility comes more complexity. Some may like that; others not.

The comparison video, if it’s made, should be entertaining, and, I suspect, not really a fair comparison. The best comparison for each individual is to try both, but we already know that. I just like to watch the interplay between Cory and Matthias. Do you remember the video of the two of them walking down a street while playing their V-accordions?

Last edited:
As a person who finds bellows-shakes to be totally cringe, I couldn't care less about how well they work on the KORG and I rather hope there is a setting to switch them off altogether. I wouldn't want to play one by accident... :unsure::ROFLMAO:
Love that! Agree they are cringe worthy too.

Is the more forward position of the keyboard on the bayan a big difference for a player? I never had the opportunity to try one.
It should make it harder for my right knee to cause high whines by accident (my CBA's M reed reaches higher than a standard PA's H reed).

I have been with Korg for over 20 years. Have the latest arranger model PA5x. It makes my FR1x sound great as a controller. As I have available Korg, 4 keyboard sets and an Accordion sound available for each style.
The accordion sounds always were very nice on Korg. If the Suprema has a “Yodel”sound with after touch, like on the Korg Musikant version, I Am sold😄.

Better or worse? The two are clearly different animals. The Korg was developed much later than the 8x. It seems to be more flexible, but with greater flexibility comes more complexity. Some may like that; others not.
"Different animals"? Not quite. At this very early time in the process, there are way more similarities than differences!
The Fisa is obviously based off of the 8X, meant as its direct competitor and to show what the next generation could/should be.

The bellows are the same, the screen is the same, the bass registers are the same, I bet there are a ton more similarities... both are digital accordions with organs, orchestral sounds, layering, same choices of Free Bass, same methodology of selecting and making menu changes... heck, even the people who MADE the 8X are the same people involved with the Korg! :)

"Yodel sound " means something completely different in the UK.
Here, your doorbell rings, immediately followed by the sound of a van roaring off before you get the chance to answer.
So "yodel" is short for "your delivery"?

So "yodel" is short for "your delivery"?
Yodel is the name of a parcel delivery company with a poor reputation.
They have been known to throw parcels over side gates and have a habit of dumping your parcel outside your door, ringing the doorbell, then making off at high speed before you can open the door.

Yodel is the name of a parcel delivery company with a poor reputation.
They have been known to throw parcels over side gates and have a habit of dumping your parcel outside your door, ringing the doorbell, then making off at high speed before you can open the door.
I recently was absent and the tracking reported "delivered to letterbox" which kind of surprised me because the item in question would not have fit through the slot. Entirely unnecessary by the way since the same delivery company already reported the previous day packing the package into the delivery vehicle and reported at the evening "could not be delivered" while another package of the same size with the same company was delivered that day. I digress. This was the solution I was not anticipating:
DSC_5967.JPG
Had someone bothered to take the package (or rather what remained of it), I'd have been sitting on a "delivered" report in the package tracking.

Last edited:
Is the more forward position of the keyboard on the bayan a big difference for a player? I never had the opportunity to try one.
For me not a big difference. The further forward the harder it becomes to keey hand and forearm in a straight line, but few people do that anyway. A more important difference is often in the size and spacing of the buttons.

Please can anyone post me a video of an electronic accordion (Korg, Roland etc.) really emulating the sound of a good acoustic accordion so I couldn't tell them apart?

I've spent an hour listening to the Korg one in videos and the stradella left hand sounds like a 1980s keyboard from Argos..... Am a missing something or is that what has been sampled?

I play the organ and piano and although I don't rush to play electronic versions, when I do the technology seems light years ahead of what the poor old accordion is getting.

Please can anyone post me a video of an electronic accordion (Korg, Roland etc.) really emulating the sound of a good acoustic accordion so I couldn't tell them apart?

I've spent an hour listening to the Korg one in videos and the stradella left hand sounds like a 1980s keyboard from Argos..... Am a missing something or is that what has been sampled?

I play the organ and piano and although I don't rush to play electronic versions, when I do the technology seems light years ahead of what the poor old accordion is getting.
I’m looking but first I have to find some of that pizza that tastes like ice cream.

I’m looking but first I have to find some of that pizza that tastes like ice cream.
Well exactly, the video evidence is it doesn't sound like an accordion. It is a pity because electric piano and organs seem to be so much nearer their actual acoustic counterparts so the discrepancy with the accordion is striking....

Back