• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Korg FISA SUPREMA

Please can anyone post me a video of an electronic accordion (Korg, Roland etc.) really emulating the sound of a good acoustic accordion so I couldn't tell them apart?

I've spent an hour listening to the Korg one in videos and the stradella left hand sounds like a 1980s keyboard from Argos..... Am a missing something or is that what has been sampled?

I play the organ and piano and although I don't rush to play electronic versions, when I do the technology seems light years ahead of what the poor old accordion is getting.

Well exactly, the video evidence is it doesn't sound like an accordion. It is a pity because electric piano and organs seem to be so much nearer their actual acoustic counterparts so the discrepancy with the accordion is striking....
Yes, but thats been said since day 1. If you want the EXACT sound of an acoustic, stay with the acoustic. If you want all the bells and whistles and acceptable accordion sounds, a digital is where you will go. :)

Hmmm... Korg, huh? I wonder if those are the sounds included in the Fisa? They seem (at least from the online samples) to sound quite nice!

I tried looking at this site yesterday, and BitDefender blocked me as being redirected to a known infected website... looks like they fixed that real quick. :)

Hmmm... Korg, huh? I wonder if those are the sounds included in the Fisa? They seem (at least from the online samples) to sound quite nice!

I tried looking at this site yesterday, and BitDefender blocked me as being redirected to a known infected website... looks like they fixed that real quick. :)
I loaded these sounds on my PA5x. They are quite good. I like the factory Korg arranger accordions too. As for me, I will read the manual and make my own point of view how I use the sounds. There is difference when playing at home verses live gigs. When playing through a sound system and mixing with an arranger is quite different. Have to adjust accordingly.

Last edited:
Well exactly, the video evidence is it doesn't sound like an accordion. It is a pity because electric piano and organs seem to be so much nearer their actual acoustic counterparts so the discrepancy with the accordion is striking....
It is not so surprising. Like Roland, Korg is proud to explain how they use "sound modeling", not "sampling" to generate accordion sounds. This is how digital pianos produced piano sound 25 to 30 years ago (if not more...). Nowadays the pianos sample the sound of high-end acoustic pianos, and not surprising they sound just like the pianos that were sampled. That can be a good thing (my Yamaha sounds like a Yamaha grand, which I like) or a bad thing (the Kawai digital piano sounds just like a Kawai grand piano...). Companies like Roland and Korg have a problem here: they do not make their own acoustic pianos they could sample. They did at some point reach an agreement to sample the sound of a Fazioli grand piano. That Roland sounded great, if you like the somewhat special sound of the Fazioli piano. Now they face the same problem with accordions, because they don't make acoustic accordions. Initially I was hoping that the Bugari Evo would have the sound of high-end Bugari accordions sampled... but alas for some reason Roland didn't let them do that.
The reality is that the way an accordion really produces sound is too complex (and also different between accordions) to have an accurate model to use in the Roland or Korg accordions. They manage to include aspects of an accordion like keyboard noise, valve noise, growl and several other things, but they still do not manage to capture fully the "tone" itself. Personally the first demos (which include very little that's played on a simple single M register) do indicate that the sound is really better on the Korg, compared to the Roland, but even the Korg still does not capture how a good acoustic accordion really sounds. From what I heard so far the Stradella bass sound is a lot better than that of the Roland. The righthand side is better, but I wish it were still better.

The KORG Fisa Suprema accordion sounds are very good indeed. I'd give them an "A" for effort... they're miles better than any other digital accordion I've heard.

Luigi Bruti is my absolute favourite at demonstrating the capabilities of the KORG, he's got lots of videos:

Here's a couple of short accordion demo's:

Luigi likes to start of with the basic accordion sound before moving on to other sound combinations.

To be honest, I don't really want just accordion sounds on a digital accordion, I want EPIC ORCHESTRALS from Luigi, the coolest dude on the digital scene:

Roland on the other hand... must try harder!

It is not so surprising. Like Roland, Korg is proud to explain how they use "sound modeling", not "sampling" to generate accordion sounds. This is how digital pianos produced piano sound 25 to 30 years ago (if not more...). Nowadays the pianos sample the sound of high-end acoustic pianos, and not surprising they sound just like the pianos that were sampled. That can be a good thing (my Yamaha sounds like a Yamaha grand, which I like) or a bad thing (the Kawai digital piano sounds just like a Kawai grand piano...). Companies like Roland and Korg have a problem here: they do not make their own acoustic pianos they could sample. They did at some point reach an agreement to sample the sound of a Fazioli grand piano. That Roland sounded great, if you like the somewhat special sound of the Fazioli piano. Now they face the same problem with accordions, because they don't make acoustic accordions. Initially I was hoping that the Bugari Evo would have the sound of high-end Bugari accordions sampled... but alas for some reason Roland didn't let them do that.
The reality is that the way an accordion really produces sound is too complex (and also different between accordions) to have an accurate model to use in the Roland or Korg accordions. They manage to include aspects of an accordion like keyboard noise, valve noise, growl and several other things, but they still do not manage to capture fully the "tone" itself. Personally the first demos (which include very little that's played on a simple single M register) do indicate that the sound is really better on the Korg, compared to the Roland, but even the Korg still does not capture how a good acoustic accordion really sounds. From what I heard so far the Stradella bass sound is a lot better than that of the Roland. The righthand side is better, but I wish it were still better.
Having had a 3yr 'fling' with Roland FR8X I finally decided the digital accordion was not for me.
I lost out on the time I need to play my acoustics, practice, new pces etc.
Most of my time was spent programing and reprogramming the FR8X, I was never happy with the settings.....
I eventually sold it.
Very happy with my acoustics again.
Played at an out door market at the weekend, no midi..no backing tracks, just a Yamaha Stagepas and my buil in mics....Heaven

Last edited:
The KORG Fisa Suprema accordion sounds are very good indeed. I'd give them an "A" for effort... they're miles better than any other digital accordion I've heard.

Luigi Bruti is my absolute favourite at demonstrating the capabilities of the KORG, he's got lots of videos:

Here's a couple of short accordion demo's:

Luigi likes to start of with the basic accordion sound before moving on to other sound combinations.

To be honest, I don't really want just accordion sounds on a digital accordion, I want EPIC ORCHESTRALS from Luigi, the coolest dude on the digital scene:

Roland on the other hand... must try harder!

The Luigi videos are by far my favorites of all (but limited) Fisa videos out there. If you like acoustic you can listen to those. If you like movie soundtracks with all the bells and whistles, you can listen to those.

And you can tell he put his heart and soul into this project and that accordion.

I know this is completely ridiculous, but the grille with all its buttons and lights looks appropriate for using orchestral and more synthetic sounds. In fact, the classy bass register switches feel out of place and suggest that there is a silenced accordion inside resenting not get played. With the brass samples I found the sound quality (multi-sampling?) to respond too coarsely to the player's control (no idea whether it reacts to key velocity or bellows pressure). You get sudden breaks in quality that are clearly not intentional. Not that Roland is better in that regard.

I know this is completely ridiculous, but the grille with all its buttons and lights looks appropriate for using orchestral and more synthetic sounds. In fact, the classy bass register switches feel out of place and suggest that there is a silenced accordion inside resenting not get played
...and most likely this noble "inner accordion" (the KORG does slightly resemble an Excelsior AC) would really rather not play Indiana Jones soundtracks... oh the indignity of it! :LOL:

...and most likely this noble "inner accordion" (the KORG does slightly resemble an Excelsior AC) would really rather not play Indiana Jones soundtracks... oh the indignity of it! :LOL:

Sounds lovely, but it does contain sounds he isn't playing, so I don't believe everything he does is just one take being played. Around the 1:00 mark there is a high glissando going up while he isn't playing anything. It looks like he is doing something with (pedals? with) hie right foot while playing but we don't see that.

This company requires PA5x serial number. And can be loaded only on that particular unit. Which I think is a nice way of protection for the developer.

On the positive...

at least Dale Mathis and Richard Noel won't need to bust a gut to get a decent sound outa the new KORG.

...those guys deserve a medal.
Well I've got 60 Scenes Done. Will have 100 Done before any KORG's even reach the shores of the US. And you guys can ask for some specific ones, as I've done most of the types I'd love to have, and will keep posting videos for some of them.

Well I've got 60 Scenes Done. Will have 100 Done before any KORG's even reach the shores of the US. And you guys can ask for some specific ones, as I've done most of the types I'd love to have, and will keep posting videos for some of them.
Thanks buddy. (y)

By the way, I also thought your Chopin Nocturne on the KORG was awesome - the way you let the piano just breathe - it sparkled...

I think you like this new accordion a lot!

Back